Tuesday, September 06, 2005

paper, electronics, planes, karma

Last thursday I was on a quick business trip to San Diego -fly down in the AM, meet with my client, fly back in the PM. This trip was fraught with bad electronics karma: the loaner laptop kept losing battery charge (even near the end of our presentation!), and my iPod mysteriously managed to lose all its music.

In the middle of all this, I realized that I left my notebook (the pen and ink kind) in the magazine pouch on the plane ride down. Not a huge deal, as it was mostly full of scribbles and notes intelligible only to me, but definitely a downer. I called the corporate travel agent to see if anyone had dropped it off at the gate or anything, but no luck. I even checked with the gate crew as we checked in to our return flight that afternoon.

So, halfway thru the flight back I thought, what are the chances that this is the same plane that took us down, and what are the chances that if I check the magazine pouch of the seat I had, the notebook will be there?

Of course, it was there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shirley said...

Larry, you are one lucky devil!

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that rules larry.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home