Monday, May 30, 2005

Jon Stewart on parenting

Diego Rodriguez at metacool and Daniel Pink, author of A Whole New Mind, both say that Oprah Winfrey's O magazine should be part of any design thinker's library. So, we bought a copy, and I'm not convinced.

But, it did have this great quote on parenting from Jon Stewart of the Daily Show, being interviewed by Oprah:

"Oprah: has parenting surprised you?

"Jon: There's always talk about the red-blue cultural divide. But I'm surprised at the difference between having kids and not having any. Tracy [Jon's wife] says now she sees everyone as somebody's kid. when I look at Nathan [their child], I think, I could kill someone for him. In fact, I could do it almost every day. When I see people walking down the street, it's like, Somebody is crazy about this person in a way that hurts his heart."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home