Friday, May 19, 2006

Teeth, Ballerinas, Arm Antics


Something for Daddytypes, Defective Yeti, and the Rice Daddies to look forward to:

My six year old just lost his first tooth today! His bottom front teeth have been loose forever, and the new teeth were so impatient, they decided to grow in without waiting for the baby teeth to fall out. So, our dentist suggested he keep wiggling the baby teeth, which he has been good about doing.

Finally this morning at the breakfast table with all of us there, he pulled out a tooth! Daddy is so proud. He's taken the tooth (in a nice large please-don't-lose-it ziploc baggie) to school today to show around. Mommy looked in his baby book and, yep, it was also his first tooth to grow in. What a beautiful serindipity.

It's been a Spring full of great child development milestones:

My daughter had her first dance recital last week (which I missed, sigh, but my wife got it on tape!) and then promptly told us she was done with dance class, because she has learned it all. She's also started spelling words on her own (confusing d-o-g with g-o-d, but who doesn't?) and recently showed her preschool teacher that she could write all of the alphabet, by herself, after not showing any interest in the subject.

My son told me recently "Daddy, I'm excited about going to first grade!" He's gotten into playing baseball and basketball in the backyard, and almost check-mated me in chess (OK, not THAT hard to do). Last but not least, my son has mastered the arm fart. He was so proud, he showed his teacher at swimming class, but that's another story.

photo: by aka Kath

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home